Monday, June 29, 2009

naisaiku week 19

[ echoes of indian poetry - 12]


badal kar fakiroN kaa ham bhes ghalib

tamaashaa-e-ahl-e-karam dekhte haiN.. ~ ghalib


[ Line 2 needs verification / another citation reads - 'tamaashaa-e-ahl-e-jahaaN dekhte haiN ' ]

watch the spectacles
of the graces of the world
GUISED AS A MINSTREL
of the world of the graces
watch the spectacles' ~ ghalib (~ urdu poetry - )


naisaiku / translation / z.g.©

you consume products
shadowed by advertisements
BECOME A SHADOW
haunted by advertisements
products consume you ..


/ naisaiku / original /z.g.©

2 comments:

Andy Sewina said...

I love both of these thoughts, Guised as a minstrel, the sheer timelessness, this conjoures up in my mind. And Become a shadow, haunted by advertisements products consume you.. I get the feeling of time consuming me, like I'm being bombarded with information that I have to act upon.

Wonderful!

Janet Jarrell said...

Guised as a minstrel, become a shadow...

I love how you worked with these wrods.